Saying Hello!

A place to introduce yourself, find players, and talkl about the real world aspects of Savage Rifts

Saying Hello!

Postby elfremi » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:12 am

Hi!

Wasn't expecting to be the first person to register here. I've been wait some time for anyone else to join the forum, but maybe if I post, others might see and decide to join too.

I'm a long time roleplayer, and although RIFTS isn't my first RPG, it certainly is one I enjoyed in the 90s. Fast-forward to the last few years. After stumbling across some RPG podcasts, my need to roleplay was rekindled. Savage Worlds in particular intrigued me and after buying the core book, and I fell in love. I've always loved the idea of a universal system since playing GURPS (also during the 90s).

When PEG announced they would be publishing RIFTS as a licensee, it was awesome news. I owned a lot of books and enjoyed the fluff, but as time went on, I was no longer a fan of the Palladium rules system. I even sold all my books a year before PEG made their announcement. Didn't have the space anymore to keep books I wasn't using, but I sure wish I had held onto them a little longer.

Still, half my group of players are new to Savage Worlds and the other half are completely new to roleplaying. Really enjoyed GMing once more after a 20+ year hiatus from running games and I'm very much looking forward to introducing my players to the world of RIFTS.

Thanks Thom for all the work you've put into this site. I know quite a few people in the Savage Rifts Kickstarter appreciate the work you're doing. Keep it up and hope that the forum portion of your site grows!
elfremi

Re: Saying Hello!

Postby RiftsAdmin » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:07 am

Hi and welcome! I must say I was a bit disapointed by the lack of interest coming from the KS community - so ka. Well thanks for dropping by!
RiftsAdmin
Site Admin

Return to Community